Best Leveling Kits for Chevrolet Colorado
The leveling kit allows you to level the front of the Chevrolet Colorado so that it is aligned with the rear suspension, resulting in a specific type of truck. The Chevrolet Colorado comes from the factory with a small rake pointing down from the rear of the vehicle to the front. The even suspension aligns the rails and makes the front end of the Chevrolet Colorado level with the rear end.
Leveling Kit for Chevrolet Colorado
- The new 66-3071 Leveling Kit for the Chevrolet Colorado and GMC Canyon provides 1. 25 inches of front leveling lift.
- No Cutting Required – Direct Bolt-On Installation
- Includes new installation hardware
- Covered under the Ready Guard Powertrain
Leveling Kit for Chevrolet Colorado 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019
- The perfect mild lift solution for Gen 2 Colorado provides a great-looking aggressive stance with a slight rake.
- Allows for up to a 32. 5×11. 50″ tire on up to +18 offset wheels. (285/70-17)
- Unmatched curb-appeal and rugged mid-size truck capability delivered in an affordable yet innovative Smart Suspension Technology “no-cut” lift kit.
- Maintains the factory ride, handling, and suspension geometry.
- Made in USA
Leveling Kit for Chevrolet Colorado 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020
- Give your Colorado the perfect blend of performance, protection, and style from Rough Country.
- Increase Ground Clearance for On and Off-Road Obstacles.
- Maintains Smooth OEM Like Ride | Levels the Front with the Rear of your Truck.
- Easy at Home Bolt-On Installation Supported by RC.
- Backed by Rough Country’s Lifetime Replacement Warranty
Leveling Kits for Chevrolet Colorado Buying Guide
Benefits of Leveling Kits for Chevrolet Colorado
The difference in height between the rear and front of your Chevrolet Avalanche can be as little as one inch and if your Chevrolet Avalanche is not aligned, there is often a visual mismatch. Leveling Kits for Chevrolet Avalanche can correct this in no time. Leveling Kits for Chevrolet Avalanche are easy to install and they can align your Chevrolet Avalanche on both ends in just a few hours.
The benefits of Leveling Kits for Chevrolet Colorado can be quite significant
- You can use larger wheels for your Chevrolet Colorado with enough clearance to prevent friction.
- Leveling Kits for Chevrolet Colorado can add extra support for the front equipment, preventing possible sagging.
- You’ll prevent a common sagging problem in the lower Chevrolet Colorado.
- An equalizer for the Chevrolet Colorado can reduce braking pressure, especially when you need to brake quickly.
- Your Chevrolet Colorado will become more balanced, reducing excessive wear.
The Most Common Types of Leveling Kits
All leveling kits can have the same effect on your Chevrolet Colorado – raising the front of the Chevrolet Colorado and leveling its height. None of the leveling kits are one-size-fits-all, each kit is designed for a different truck and SUV model. Each Leveling Kits for Chevrolet Colorado will have a different method of installation. So before you choose any alignment kit, it’s important to know the common types so you know you’re making the right decision.
How to Install Lift Kit on a Chevrolet Colorado?
Before commencing installation of the Body Lift Kits for Chevrolet Colorado, be sure to read the manufacturer’s instructions included with the outboard lift kit. Our instructions are an approximate guide and not a substitute for the manufacturer’s recommendations.
After installation, we recommend taking your Chevrolet Colorado to have it checked by a suspension specialist, who can ensure that all parts are in place and suitable for your Chevrolet Colorado.
Note that there are two types of lift kits – suspension lift kits and body lift kits for the Chevrolet Colorado. The installation of each is markedly different, so be sure to read the correct instructions below.
Minimum tools needed to install Body Lift Kits for Chevrolet Colorado
- Pry bars are needed to remove any parts.
- PB Blaster is a penetrating oil that is better suited to elastic mounts.
- A standard socket and ¼”-1″ wrench set are needed to unscrew parts.
- Vehicle jacks and stands rated for your Chevrolet Colorado are needed to reach all Chevrolet Colorado suspension parts.
- A torque wrench is needed to fit the reinforcements to the correct torque.
- A lug wrench is needed to save time when removing lugs from the strut.
- Screwdriver for unscrewing parts and reassembling parts.
- Hammer to break out old parts.
Our recommendations do not replace the manufacturer’s installation manual for Body Lift Kits for Chevrolet Colorado and are advisory in nature.
Be sure to read the manufacturer’s instructions for installing the lift kit before removing the Chevrolet Colorado from the ground.
Installing Lift Kits for Chevrolet Colorado
- Disconnect the negative battery terminal.
- Loosen the lug nuts.
- Position the front of the Chevrolet Colorado at a height high enough for you to climb under the vehicle and install the new components.
- Always fit protective stands under each side of the Chevrolet Colorado for support.
- Raise the floor jack under the axle to support the weight of the Chevrolet Colorado as the suspension components are removed.
- Remove the wheels of the Chevrolet Colorado.
- Remove the following components: Running shocks, U-bolts, and springs from your Chevrolet Colorado.
- Take the new U-bolts and fit them to your Chevrolet Colorado where the old ones used to be.
- Assemble the shocks using the kit’s instructions.
- Ensure that all nuts, bolts, and new components on your Chevrolet Colorado are securely fastened (use a torque wrench).
- Remove the safety struts and carefully lower your Chevrolet Colorado while holding it level.
- Re-clamp the battery’s negative terminal.
- Repeat the steps above for the rear suspension for the Chevrolet Colorado.
Leveling Kits for Chevrolet Colorado FAQ:
You can see our answers to some of the most frequently asked questions about Leveling Kits for Chevrolet Colorado.
Q. How big is the tire I can install with the Leveling Kits for the Chevrolet Colorado?
A. It depends on the alignment kit you choose. Some offer plenty of tire space in your Chevrolet Colorado, but it will vary depending on the elevation of the leveling kit.
Q. Can I install Leveling Kits for my Chevrolet Colorado myself?
A. Most Leveling Kits can easily be installed by yourself in your garage. Leveling Kits for the Chevrolet Colorado include all the necessary parts and you don’t need any special equipment for installation.
Q. What are the Leveling Kits for Chevrolet Colorado used for?
A. Leveling Kits are needed to make your Chevrolet Colorado look more level. Leveling Kits can add lift, balance your Chevrolet Colorado and offer other great benefits.