Best Leveling Kits for Chevrolet Tahoe
The leveling kit is designed to level the front of your Chevrolet Tahoe so it is flush with the rear suspension of the vehicle, ultimately giving your truck a LEVELED look. The Chevrolet Tahoe comes from the factory with a small rake pointing down from the rear of the vehicle to the front. The alignment kit is designed to be added to the OEM suspension, which will end up helping to compensate for this rake by aligning the front of the Chevrolet Tahoe.
Leveling Kit for Chevrolet Tahoe 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018
- Max Lift 2. 25″ – Max Tire Diameter 33″
- Best quality, best design for the proper leveling lift on new body style GM 1500 trucks
- CNC machined aircraft 6061-T6 billet construction
- Heavy-duty tubular steel upper control arms with heavy-duty ball joints and maintenance-free bushings
- Fit type: Vehicle Specific
Leveling Kit for Chevrolet Tahoe 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019
- Give your GM 1500 the perfect blend of performance protection and style from Rough Country
- Increase Ground Clearance for on and off-road obstacles | Maintains smooth factory-like ride
- Levels the Front with the Rear | No need to disassemble your struts to install
- Easy at Home Installation Supported by RC | Quality T6061 Billet Aluminum
- Backed by Rough Country’s Lifetime Replacement
Leveling Kits for Chevrolet Tahoe Buying Guide
Benefits of Leveling Kits for Chevrolet Tahoe
The difference in height between the rear and front of your Chevrolet Tahoe can be as little as one inch and if your Chevrolet Tahoe is not aligned, there is often a visual mismatch. Leveling Kits for Chevrolet Tahoe can correct this in no time. Leveling Kits for Tahoe Silverado are easy to install and they can align your Chevrolet Tahoe on both ends in just a few hours.
The benefits of Leveling Kits for Chevrolet Tahoe can be quite significant
- You can use larger wheels for your Chevrolet V with enough clearance to prevent friction.
- Leveling Kits for Chevrolet Tahoe can add extra support for the front equipment, preventing possible sagging.
- You’ll prevent a common sagging problem in the lower Chevrolet Tahoe.
- An equalizer for the Chevrolet Tahoe can reduce braking pressure, especially when you need to brake quickly.
- Your Chevrolet Tahoe will become more balanced, reducing excessive wear.
The Most Common Types of Leveling Kits
All leveling kits can have the same effect on your Chevrolet Tahoe – raising the front of the Chevrolet v and leveling its height. None of the leveling kits are one-size-fits-all, each kit is designed for a different truck and SUV model. Each Leveling Kits for Chevrolet Tahoe will have a different method of installation. So before you choose any alignment kit, it’s important to know the common types so you know you’re making the right decision.
How to Install Lift Kit on a Chevrolet Tahoe?
Before commencing installation of the Body Lift Kits for Chevrolet Tahoe, be sure to read the manufacturer’s instructions included with the outboard lift kit. Our instructions are an approximate guide and not a substitute for the manufacturer’s recommendations.
After installation, we recommend taking your Chevrolet Tahoe to have it checked by a suspension specialist, who can ensure that all parts are in place and suitable for your Chevrolet Tahoe.
Note that there are two types of lift kits – suspension lift kits and body lift kits for the Chevrolet Tahoe. The installation of each is markedly different, so be sure to read the correct instructions below.
Minimum tools needed to install Body Lift Kits for Chevrolet Tahoe
- Pry bars are needed to remove any parts.
- PB Blaster is a penetrating oil that is better suited to elastic mounts.
- A standard socket and ¼”-1″ wrench set are needed to unscrew parts.
- Vehicle jacks and stands rated for your Chevrolet Tahoe are needed to reach all Chevrolet Tahoe suspension parts.
- A torque wrench is needed to fit the reinforcements to the correct torque.
- A lug wrench is needed to save time when removing lugs from the strut.
- Screwdriver for unscrewing parts and reassembling parts.
- Hammer to break out old parts.
Our recommendations do not replace the manufacturer’s installation manual for Body Lift Kits for Chevrolet Tahoe and are advisory in nature.
Be sure to read the manufacturer’s instructions for installing the lift kit before removing the Chevrolet Tahoe from the ground.
Installing Lift Kits for Chevrolet Tahoe
- Disconnect the negative battery terminal.
- Loosen the lug nuts.
- Position the front of the Chevrolet Tahoe at a height high enough for you to climb under the vehicle and install the new components.
- Always fit protective stands under each side of the Chevrolet Tahoe for support.
- Raise the floor jack under the axle to support the weight of the Chevrolet Tahoe as the suspension components are removed.
- Remove the wheels of the Chevrolet Tahoe.
- Remove the following components: Running shocks, U-bolts, and springs from your Chevrolet Tahoe.
- Take the new U-bolts and fit them to your Chevrolet Tahoe where the old ones used to be.
- Assemble the shocks using the kit’s instructions.
- Ensure that all nuts, bolts, and new components on your Chevrolet Tahoe are securely fastened (use a torque wrench).
- Remove the safety struts and carefully lower your Chevrolet Tahoe while holding it level.
- Re-clamp the battery’s negative terminal.
- Repeat the steps above for the rear suspension for the Chevrolet Tahoe.
Leveling Kits for Chevrolet Tahoe FAQ:
You can see our answers to some of the most frequently asked questions about Leveling Kits for Chevrolet Tahoe.
Q. How big is the tire I can install with the Leveling Kits for the Chevrolet Tahoe?
A. It depends on the alignment kit you choose. Some offer plenty of tire space in your Chevrolet Tahoe, but it will vary depending on the elevation of the leveling kit.
Q. Can I install Leveling Kits for my Chevrolet Tahoe myself?
A. Most Leveling Kits can easily be installed by yourself in your garage. Leveling Kits for the Chevrolet Tahoe include all the necessary parts and you don’t need any special equipment for installation.
Q. What are the Leveling Kits for Chevrolet Tahoe used for?
A. Leveling Kits are needed to make your Chevrolet Tahoe look more level. Leveling Kits can add lift, balance your Chevrolet Tahoe and offer other great benefits.