Best Lift Kits for Dodge Durango
Suspension Lift Kit for your Dodge Durango vehicle. The Suspension Lift Kit increases the ground clearance of your Dodge Durango vehicle by replacing front and rear suspension components and shock absorbers. The Suspension Lift Kit for the Dodge Durango increases the height between the frame and the ground. This allows you to increase ground clearance. The articulation is improved overall with a good suspension kit for the Dodge Durango. Even if you don’t need to crawl on four wheels or rocks, the look of your Dodge Durango will be much more interesting.
Suspension Lift Kits for Dodge Durango 1997, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003
- COMPATIBLE WITH 1997 – 2003 Dodge Durango (2WD 4WD).
- CONTENTS: 2x Rear Carbon Steel Shackles, Installation Instructions, and Pro Pack.
- TECHNICAL NOTES: Designed to lift your ride 2 inches.
- INSTALLATION: Easy ‘bolt-on’ installation takes 1 – 2 hours. No special tools are required.
- BENEFITS: Improves the look of your vehicle and increases ground clearance, so you can fit larger custom rims and tires. Factory shocks can be reused.
Suspension Lift Kits for Dodge Durango 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009
- FITMENT: 2004 – 2009 Dodge Durango (2WD 4WD). *Does Not Fit TRX Models.
- CONTENTS: (2x) Aircraft Billet Front Strut Spacers, Installation Hardware, Installation Instructions, and Supreme Suspensions Pro Pack.
- TECHNICAL NOTES: 3-inch front suspension leveling lift. Please note that spacer thickness to lift height is NOT a 1:1 ratio. It is recommended that you measure your vehicle ride height before and after to see the full lift amount has been achieved.
- INSTALLATION: Easy bolt-on installation takes 1 to 2 hours without the need for special tools. An alignment is recommended after install.
- BENEFITS: Improves the look of your vehicle and increases ground clearance, allowing you to fit larger custom rims and tires.
Suspension Lift Kits for Dodge Durango Buying Guide
Benefits of Suspension Lift Kits for Dodge Durango
The difference in height between the rear and front of your Dodge Durango can be as little as one inch and if your Dodge Durango is not aligned, there is often a visual mismatch. Suspension Lift Kits for Dodge Durango can correct this in no time. Suspension Lift Kits for Dodge Durango are easy to install and they can align your Dodge Durango on both ends in just a few hours.
The benefits of Suspension Lift Kits for Dodge Durango can be quite significant
- You can use larger wheels for your Dodge Durango with enough clearance to prevent friction.
- Suspension Lift Kits for Dodge Durango can add extra support for the front equipment, preventing possible sagging.
- You’ll prevent a common sagging problem in the lower Dodge Durango.
- An equalizer for the Dodge Durango can reduce braking pressure, especially when you need to brake quickly.
- Your Dodge Durango will become more balanced, reducing excessive wear.
The Most Common Types of Suspension Lift Kits
All Suspension kits can have the same effect on your Dodge Durango – raising the front of the Dodge Durango and Suspension its height. None of the Suspension Lift kits are one-size-fits-all, each kit is designed for a different truck and SUV model. Each Suspension Lift Kits for Dodge Durango will have a different method of installation. So before you choose any alignment kit, it’s important to know the common types so you know you’re making the right decision.
How to Install Lift Kit on a Dodge Durango?
Before commencing installation of the Body Lift Kits for Dodge Durango, be sure to read the manufacturer’s instructions included with the outboard lift kit. Our instructions are an approximate guide and not a substitute for the manufacturer’s recommendations.
After installation, we recommend taking your Dodge Durango to have it checked by a suspension specialist, who can ensure that all parts are in place and suitable for your Dodge Durango.
Note that there are two types of lift kits – suspension lift kits and body lift kits for the Dodge Durango. The installation of each is markedly different, so be sure to read the correct instructions below.
Minimum tools needed to install Body Lift Kits for Dodge Durango
- Pry bars are needed to remove any parts.
- PB Blaster is a penetrating oil that is better suited to elastic mounts.
- A standard socket and ¼”-1″ wrench set are needed to unscrew parts.
- Vehicle jacks and stands rated for your Dodge Durango are needed to reach all Dodge Durango suspension parts.
- A torque wrench is needed to fit the reinforcements to the correct torque.
- A lug wrench is needed to save time when removing lugs from the strut.
- Screwdriver for unscrewing parts and reassembling parts.
- Hammer to break out old parts.
Our recommendations do not replace the manufacturer’s installation manual for Body Lift Kits for Dodge Durango and are advisory in nature.
Be sure to read the manufacturer’s instructions for installing the lift kit before removing the Dodge Durango from the ground.
Installing Lift Kits for Dodge Durango
- Disconnect the negative battery terminal.
- Loosen the lug nuts.
- Position the front of the Dodge Durango at a height high enough for you to climb under the vehicle and install the new components.
- Always fit protective stands under each side of the Dodge Durango for support.
- Raise the floor jack under the axle to support the weight of the Dodge Durango as the suspension components are removed.
- Remove the wheels of the Dodge Durango.
- Remove the following components: Running shocks, U-bolts, and springs from your Dodge Durango.
- Take the new U-bolts and fit them to your Dodge Durango where the old ones used to be.
- Assemble the shocks using the kit’s instructions.
- Ensure that all nuts, bolts, and new components on your Dodge Durango are securely fastened (use a torque wrench).
- Remove the safety struts and carefully lower your Dodge Durango while holding it level.
- Re-clamp the battery’s negative terminal.
- Repeat the steps above for the rear suspension for the Dodge Durango.
Suspension Lift Kits for Dodge Durango FAQ:
You can see our answers to some of the most frequently asked questions about Suspension Lift Kits for Dodge Durango.
Q. How big is the tire I can install with the Suspension Lift Kits for the Dodge Durango?
A. It depends on the alignment kit you choose. Some offer plenty of tire space in your Dodge Durango, but it will vary depending on the elevation of the leveling kit.
Q. Can I install Suspension Lift Kits for my Dodge Durango myself?
A. Most Suspension Lift Kits can easily be installed by yourself in your garage. Suspension Lift Kits for the Dodge Durango include all the necessary parts and you don’t need any special equipment for installation.
Q. What are the Suspension Lift Kits for Dodge Durango used for?
A. Suspension Lift Kits are needed to make your Dodge Durango look more level. Suspension Lift Kits can add lift, balance your Dodge Durango and offer other great benefits.