Best Body Lift Kits for Dodge Ramcharger
The body lift kit raises the body of your Dodge Ramcharger by several inches while keeping the suspension and wheels at the same height. This is accomplished by mounting the struts on the body of your Dodge Ramcharger over the mounting brackets. This type of elevator does not affect the ride or handling in any way. This elevator is less expensive due to the less cumbersome installation and the fact that you won’t have to buy new shocks or adjust the wheels. The Dodge Ramcharger elevator with this elevator is able to retain the factory suspension adjustment and wheel alignment.
Body Lift Kits for Dodge Ramcharger 1974, 1975, 1976, 1977, 1978, 1979, 1980, 1981, 1982, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1986, 1987, 1988, 1989, 1990
- Provides 3-inches of lift without modifying existing suspension components
- Allows use of larger diameter tires and factory rims for improved ground clearance
- DOES NOT alter the OEM suspension geometry or factory stability control parameters
- Maintains the factory smooth ride
- Keeps the truck’s center of gravity lower than a comparable suspension lift
Body Lift Kits for Dodge Ramcharger Buying Guide
Benefits of Body Lift Kits for Dodge Ramcharger
The difference in height between the rear and front of your Dodge Ramcharger can be as little as one inch and if your Dodge Ramcharger is not aligned, there is often a visual mismatch. Body Lift Kits for Dodge Ramcharger can correct this in no time. Body Kits for Dodge Ramcharger are easy to install and they can align your Dodge Ramcharger on both ends in just a few hours.
The benefits of Body Lift Kits for Dodge Ramcharger can be quite significant
- You can use larger wheels for your Dodge Ramcharger with enough clearance to prevent friction.
- Body Lift Kits for Dodge Ramcharger can add extra support for the front equipment, preventing possible sagging.
- You’ll prevent a common sagging problem in the lower Dodge Ramcharger.
- An equalizer for the Dodge Ramcharger can reduce braking pressure, especially when you need to brake quickly.
- Your Dodge Ramcharger will become more balanced, reducing excessive wear.
The Most Common Types of Body Lift Kits
All Body Lift kits can have the same effect on your Dodge Ramcharger – raising the front of the Dodge Ramcharger and leveling its height. None of the leveling kits are one-size-fits-all, each kit is designed for a different truck and SUV model. Each Body Lift Kits for Dodge Ramcharger will have a different method of installation. So before you choose any alignment kit, it’s important to know the common types so you know you’re making the right decision.
How to Install Lift Kit on a Dodge Ramcharger?
Before commencing installation of the Body Lift Kits for Dodge Ramcharger, be sure to read the manufacturer’s instructions included with the outboard lift kit. Our instructions are an approximate guide and not a substitute for the manufacturer’s recommendations.
After installation, we recommend taking your Dodge Ramcharger to have it checked by a suspension specialist, who can ensure that all parts are in place and suitable for your Dodge Ramcharger.
Note that there are two types of lift kits – suspension lift kits and body lift kits for the Dodge Ramcharger. The installation of each is markedly different, so be sure to read the correct instructions below.
Minimum tools needed to install Body Lift Kits for Dodge Ramcharger
- Pry bars are needed to remove any parts.
- PB Blaster is a penetrating oil that is better suited to elastic mounts.
- A standard socket and ¼”-1″ wrench set are needed to unscrew parts.
- Vehicle jacks and stands rated for your Dodge Ramcharger are needed to reach all Dodge Ramcharger suspension parts.
- A torque wrench is needed to fit the reinforcements to the correct torque.
- Lug wrench is needed to save time when removing lugs from the strut.
- Screwdriver for unscrewing parts and reassembling parts.
- Hammer to break out old parts.
Our recommendations do not replace the manufacturer’s installation manual for Body Lift Kits for Dodge Ramcharger and are advisory in nature.
Be sure to read the manufacturer’s instructions for installing the lift kit before removing the Dodge Ramcharger from the ground.
Installing Lift Kits for Dodge Ramcharger
- Disconnect the negative battery terminal.
- Loosen the lug nuts.
- Position the front of the Dodge Ramcharger at a height high enough for you to climb under the vehicle and install the new components.
- Always fit protective stands under each side of the Dodge Ramcharger for support.
- Raise the floor jack under the axle to support the weight of the Dodge Ramcharger as the suspension components are removed.
- Remove the wheels of the Dodge Ramcharger.
- Remove the following components: Running shocks, U-bolts, and springs from your Dodge Ramcharger.
- Take the new U-bolts and fit them to your Dodge Ramcharger where the old ones used to be.
- Assemble the shocks using the kit’s instructions.
- Ensure that all nuts, bolts, and new components on your Dodge Ramcharger are securely fastened (use a torque wrench).
- Remove the safety struts and carefully lower your Dodge Ramcharger while holding it level.
- Re-clamp the battery’s negative terminal.
- Repeat the steps above for the rear suspension for the Dodge Ramcharger.
Body Lift Kits for Dodge Ramcharger FAQ:
You can see our answers to some of the most frequently asked questions about Body Lift Kits for Dodge Ramcharger.
Q. How big is the tire I can install with the Body Lift Kits for the Dodge Ramcharger?
A. It depends on the alignment kit you choose. Some offer plenty of tire space in your Dodge Ramcharger, but it will vary depending on the elevation of the leveling kit.
Q. Can I install Body Lift Kits for my Dodge Ramcharger myself?
A. Most Body Lift Kits can easily be installed by yourself in your garage. Body Lift Kits for the Dodge Ramcharger include all the necessary parts and you don’t need any special equipment for installation.
Q. What are the Body Lift Kits for Dodge Ramcharger used for?
A. Body Lift Kits are needed to make your Dodge Ramcharger look more level. Body Lift Kits can add lift, balance your Dodge Ramcharger and offer other great benefits.