Best Leveling Kits for Hummer H3
The leveling kit is designed to level the front of your Hummer H3 so that it becomes level with the rear suspension of the vehicle, ultimately giving your truck a unique look. The Hummer H3 comes from the factory with a small rake tilted down from the rear of the vehicle to the front. An even suspension kit will eventually help compensate for this rake, making the front end of the Hummer H3 flatter.
Leveling Kit for Hummer H3 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010
- COMPATIBLE WITH 2006 – 2010 Hummer H3 (4WD). *Will fit 2WD Colorado/Canyon Z71 models with Torsion Bar Suspension System.
- CONTENTS: 2x High-Strength Steel Front Lift MAX-Torsion Keys, 2x High Strength Steel Lift Shackles, Installation Hardware, Installation Instructions, and Pro Pack.
- TECHNICAL NOTES: 1 – 3 inch front suspension lift. An alignment is always recommended after altering the height of your vehicle.
- INSTALLATION: Easy installation takes 3 – 3 hours. A torsion bar puller (can be rented at most chain auto stores), or 5-ton gear puller is required for install.
- BENEFITS: Improves the look of your truck and increases ground clearance, so you can fit larger tires. TWICE as strong as factory keys and indexed for lift. Adjustable lift height lifts according to your preference.
Leveling Kits for Hummer H3 Buying Guide
Benefits of Leveling Kits for Hummer H3
The difference in height between the rear and front of your Hummer H3 can be as little as one inch and if your Hummer H3 is not aligned, there is often a visual mismatch. Leveling Kits for Hummer H3 can correct this in no time. Leveling Kits for Hummer H3 are easy to install and they can align your Hummer H3 on both ends in just a few hours.
The benefits of Leveling Kits for Hummer H3 can be quite significant
- You can use larger wheels for your Hummer H3 with enough clearance to prevent friction.
- Leveling Kits for Hummer H3 can add extra support for the front equipment, preventing possible sagging.
- You’ll prevent a common sagging problem in the lower Hummer H3.
- An equalizer for the Hummer H3 can reduce braking pressure, especially when you need to brake quickly.
- Your Hummer H3 will become more balanced, reducing excessive wear.
The Most Common Types of Leveling Kits
All leveling kits can have the same effect on your Hummer H3 – raising the front of the Hummer H3 and leveling its height. None of the leveling kits are one-size-fits-all, each kit is designed for a different truck and SUV model. Each Leveling Kits for Hummer H3 will have a different method of installation. So before you choose any alignment kit, it’s important to know the common types so you know you’re making the right decision.
How to Install Lift Kit on a Hummer H3?
Before commencing installation of the Body Lift Kits for Hummer H3, be sure to read the manufacturer’s instructions included with the outboard lift kit. Our instructions are an approximate guide and not a substitute for the manufacturer’s recommendations.
After installation, we recommend taking your Hummer H3 to have it checked by a suspension specialist, who can ensure that all parts are in place and suitable for your Hummer H3.
Note that there are two types of lift kits – suspension lift kits and body lift kits for the Hummer H3. The installation of each is markedly different, so be sure to read the correct instructions below.
Minimum tools needed to install Body Lift Kits for Hummer H3
- Pry bars are needed to remove any parts.
- PB Blaster is a penetrating oil that is better suited to elastic mounts.
- A standard socket and ¼”-1″ wrench set are needed to unscrew parts.
- Vehicle jacks and stands rated for your Hummer H3 are needed to reach all Hummer H3 suspension parts.
- A torque wrench is needed to fit the reinforcements to the correct torque.
- A lug wrench is needed to save time when removing lugs from the strut.
- Screwdriver for unscrewing parts and reassembling parts.
- Hammer to break out old parts.
Our recommendations do not replace the manufacturer’s installation manual for Body Lift Kits for Hummer H3 and are advisory in nature.
Be sure to read the manufacturer’s instructions for installing the lift kit before removing the Hummer H3 from the ground.
Installing Lift Kits for Hummer H3
- Disconnect the negative battery terminal.
- Loosen the lug nuts.
- Position the front of the Hummer H3 at a height high enough for you to climb under the vehicle and install the new components.
- Always fit protective stands under each side of the Hummer H3 for support.
- Raise the floor jack under the axle to support the weight of the Hummer H3 as the suspension components are removed.
- Remove the wheels of the Hummer H3.
- Remove the following components: Running shocks, U-bolts, and springs from your Hummer H3.
- Take the new U-bolts and fit them to your Hummer H3 where the old ones used to be.
- Assemble the shocks using the kit’s instructions.
- Ensure that all nuts, bolts, and new components on your Hummer H3 are securely fastened (use a torque wrench).
- Remove the safety struts and carefully lower your Hummer H3 while holding it level.
- Re-clamp the battery’s negative terminal.
- Repeat the steps above for the rear suspension for the Hummer H3.
Leveling Kits for Hummer H3 FAQ:
You can see our answers to some of the most frequently asked questions about Leveling Kits for Hummer H3.
Q. How big is the tire I can install with the Leveling Kits for the Hummer H3?
A. It depends on the alignment kit you choose. Some offer plenty of tire space in your Hummer H3, but it will vary depending on the elevation of the leveling kit.
Q. Can I install Leveling Kits for my Hummer H3 myself?
A. Most Leveling Kits can easily be installed by yourself in your garage. Leveling Kits for the Hummer H3 include all the necessary parts and you don’t need any special equipment for installation.
Q. What are the Leveling Kits for Hummer H3 used for?
A. Leveling Kits are needed to make your Hummer H3 look more level. Leveling Kits can add lift, balance your Hummer H3 and offer other great benefits.