Best Lift Kits for Jeep Commander
Suspension Lift Kit for your Jeep Commander. The Suspension Lift Kit will help you increase ground clearance in your Jeep Commander by allowing you to install front and rear suspension components and shock absorbers. The Suspension Lift Kit for the Jeep Commander provides increased height between the frame and the ground. This contributes to a noticeable increase in ground clearance. Articulation is basically improved by using a good suspension kit for the Jeep Commander. You won’t have to crawl on four wheels or rocks, and the appearance of the Jeep Commander will be more presentable.
Suspension Lift Kit for Jeep Commander 2005, 2006, 2007
- Superlift Shock Box
- 4-inch Lift Kit
- 2005-2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee and Commander 4WD
- Rear Shocks
Suspension Lift Kit for Jeep Commander 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010
- Control Arms Come Pre-Assembled With Ball Joints & Bushings / Replacement improves handling
- Advanced corrosion protection against the harshest conditions / Precision-made performance and additional strength
- Designed with PREMIUM quality materials for exceptional performance, reliability, and peace of mind
- Dust boot is re-installed and permanently attached to reduce contamination and increase durability and service life
- Premium alloy steel stud for strength and durability / Undergo impact, wear, and fatigue testing to help ensure quality and durability
Suspension Lift Kit for Jeep Commander 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010
- Give your Grand Cherokee/Commander the perfect blend of performance, protection, and style from Rough Country.
- Unmatched Ground Clearance to Conquer On and Off-Road Obstacles.
- Maintains Smooth, factory-like Ride | Levels the Front with the Rear.
- Precision Laser Cut materials used in the CAD process.
- Backed by Rough Country’s Lifetime Replacement Warranty
Suspension Lift Kits for Jeep Commander Buying Guide
Benefits of Suspension Lift Kits for Jeep Commander
The difference in height between the rear and front of your Jeep Commander can be as little as one inch and if your Jeep Commander is not aligned, there is often a visual mismatch. Suspension Lift Kits for Jeep Commander can correct this in no time. Suspension Lift Kits for Jeep Commander are easy to install and they can align your Jeep Commander on both ends in just a few hours.
The benefits of Suspension Lift Kits for Jeep Commander can be quite significant
- You can use larger wheels for your Jeep Commander with enough clearance to prevent friction.
- Suspension Lift Kits for Jeep Commander can add extra support for the front equipment, preventing possible sagging.
- You’ll prevent a common sagging problem in the lower Jeep Commander.
- An equalizer for the Jeep Commander can reduce braking pressure, especially when you need to brake quickly.
- Your Jeep Commander will become more balanced, reducing excessive wear.
The Most Common Types of Suspension Lift Kits
All Suspension kits can have the same effect on your Jeep Commander – raising the front of the Jeep Commander and Suspension its height. None of the Suspension Lift kits are one-size-fits-all, each kit is designed for a different truck and SUV model. Each Suspension Lift Kits for Jeep Commander will have a different method of installation. So before you choose any alignment kit, it’s important to know the common types so you know you’re making the right decision.
How to Install Lift Kit on a Jeep Commander?
Before commencing installation of the Body Lift Kits for Jeep Commander, be sure to read the manufacturer’s instructions included with the outboard lift kit. Our instructions are an approximate guide and not a substitute for the manufacturer’s recommendations.
After installation, we recommend taking your Jeep Commander to have it checked by a suspension specialist, who can ensure that all parts are in place and suitable for your Jeep Commander.
Note that there are two types of lift kits – suspension lift kits and body lift kits for the Jeep Commander. The installation of each is markedly different, so be sure to read the correct instructions below.
Minimum tools needed to install Body Lift Kits for Jeep Commander
- Pry bars are needed to remove any parts.
- PB Blaster is a penetrating oil that is better suited to elastic mounts.
- A standard socket and ¼”-1″ wrench set are needed to unscrew parts.
- Vehicle jacks and stands rated for your Jeep Commander are needed to reach all Jeep Commander suspension parts.
- A torque wrench is needed to fit the reinforcements to the correct torque.
- A lug wrench is needed to save time when removing lugs from the strut.
- Screwdriver for unscrewing parts and reassembling parts.
- Hammer to break out old parts.
Our recommendations do not replace the manufacturer’s installation manual for Body Lift Kits for Jeep Commander and are advisory in nature.
Be sure to read the manufacturer’s instructions for installing the lift kit before removing the Jeep Commander from the ground.
Installing Lift Kits for Jeep Commander
- Disconnect the negative battery terminal.
- Loosen the lug nuts.
- Position the front of the Jeep Commander at a height high enough for you to climb under the vehicle and install the new components.
- Always fit protective stands under each side of the Jeep Commander for support.
- Raise the floor jack under the axle to support the weight of the Jeep Commander as the suspension components are removed.
- Remove the wheels of the Jeep Commander.
- Remove the following components: Running shocks, U-bolts, and springs from your Jeep Commander.
- Take the new U-bolts and fit them to your Jeep Commander where the old ones used to be.
- Assemble the shocks using the kit’s instructions.
- Ensure that all nuts, bolts, and new components on your Jeep Commander are securely fastened (use a torque wrench).
- Remove the safety struts and carefully lower your Jeep Commander while holding it level.
- Re-clamp the battery’s negative terminal.
- Repeat the steps above for the rear suspension for the Jeep Commander.
Suspension Lift Kits for Jeep Commander FAQ:
You can see our answers to some of the most frequently asked questions about Suspension Lift Kits for Jeep Commander.
Q. How big is the tire I can install with the Suspension Lift Kits for the Jeep Commander?
A. It depends on the alignment kit you choose. Some offer plenty of tire space in your Jeep Commander, but it will vary depending on the elevation of the leveling kit.
Q. Can I install Suspension Lift Kits for my Jeep Commander myself?
A. Most Suspension Lift Kits can easily be installed by yourself in your garage. Suspension Lift Kits for the Jeep Commander include all the necessary parts and you don’t need any special equipment for installation.
Q. What are the Suspension Lift Kits for Jeep Commander used for?
A. Suspension Lift Kits are needed to make your Jeep Commander look more level. Suspension Lift Kits can add lift, balance your Jeep Commander and offer other great benefits.