Best Lift Kits for Jeep Wagoneer
Suspension Lift Kit for your Jeep Wagoneer. The Suspension Lift Kit helps you increase the ground clearance of your Jeep Wagoneer by replacing front and rear suspension components and shock absorbers. The Suspension Lift Kit for the Jeep Wagoneer provides increased height between the frame and the ground. This contributes to a noticeable increase in ground clearance. Articulation is basically improved by using a good suspension kit for the Jeep Wagoneer. You won’t have to crawl on four wheels or rocks, and the Jeep Wagoneer appearance will be appealing.
Suspension Lift Kit for Jeep Wagoneer 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1974, 1975, 1976, 1977, 1978, 1979, 1980, 1981, 1982, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1986, 1987, 1988, 1989, 1990, 1991, 1992
- DETAILS: 2″ Rear Lift / Length: 21″ Long
- FITS: 1963 – 1992 Wagoneer (2WD 4WD)
- PACKAGE CONTENTS: (x2) Carbon Steel Add-A-Leaf Kit, (x4) Poly Isolator Pads, (x2) 6061-T6 Billet Aluminum Rear Axle Shims, Hardware and Installation Instructions
- TIME FRAME: Installs In Approximately 2 – 3 Hours
- Heavy Metal Suspensions products are the safest way to lift your vehicle without compromising ride quality. CNC constructed with computer programmed pulse welds, Heavy Metal high-grade steel is guaranteed never to break under even the toughest conditions. Each kit comes complete with installation instructions, high-grade hardware and ASE certified telephone support.
Suspension Lift Kits for Jeep Wagoneer Buying Guide
Benefits of Suspension Lift Kits for Jeep Wagoneer
The difference in height between the rear and front of your Jeep Wagoneer can be as little as one inch and if your Jeep Wagoneer is not aligned, there is often a visual mismatch. Suspension Lift Kits for Jeep Wagoneer can correct this in no time. Suspension Lift Kits for Jeep Wagoneer are easy to install and they can align your Jeep Wagoneer on both ends in just a few hours.
The benefits of Suspension Lift Kits for Jeep Wagoneer can be quite significant
- You can use larger wheels for your Jeep Wagoneer with enough clearance to prevent friction.
- Suspension Lift Kits for Jeep Wagoneer can add extra support for the front equipment, preventing possible sagging.
- You’ll prevent a common sagging problem in the lower Jeep Wagoneer.
- An equalizer for the Jeep Wagoneer can reduce braking pressure, especially when you need to brake quickly.
- Your Jeep Wagoneer will become more balanced, reducing excessive wear.
The Most Common Types of Suspension Lift Kits
All Suspension kits can have the same effect on your Jeep Wagoneer – raising the front of the Jeep Wagoneer and Suspension its height. None of the Suspension Lift kits are one-size-fits-all, each kit is designed for a different truck and SUV model. Each Suspension Lift Kits for Jeep Wagoneer will have a different method of installation. So before you choose any alignment kit, it’s important to know the common types so you know you’re making the right decision.
How to Install Lift Kit on a Jeep Wagoneer?
Before commencing installation of the Body Lift Kits for Jeep Wagoneer, be sure to read the manufacturer’s instructions included with the outboard lift kit. Our instructions are an approximate guide and not a substitute for the manufacturer’s recommendations.
After installation, we recommend taking your Jeep Wagoneer to have it checked by a suspension specialist, who can ensure that all parts are in place and suitable for your Jeep Wagoneer.
Note that there are two types of lift kits – suspension lift kits and body lift kits for the Jeep Wagoneer. The installation of each is markedly different, so be sure to read the correct instructions below.
Minimum tools needed to install Body Lift Kits for Jeep Wagoneer
- Pry bars are needed to remove any parts.
- PB Blaster is a penetrating oil that is better suited to elastic mounts.
- A standard socket and ¼”-1″ wrench set are needed to unscrew parts.
- Vehicle jacks and stands rated for your Jeep Wagoneer are needed to reach all Jeep Wagoneer suspension parts.
- A torque wrench is needed to fit the reinforcements to the correct torque.
- A lug wrench is needed to save time when removing lugs from the strut.
- Screwdriver for unscrewing parts and reassembling parts.
- Hammer to break out old parts.
Our recommendations do not replace the manufacturer’s installation manual for Body Lift Kits for Jeep Wagoneer and are advisory in nature.
Be sure to read the manufacturer’s instructions for installing the lift kit before removing the Jeep Wagoneer from the ground.
Installing Lift Kits for Jeep Wagoneer
- Disconnect the negative battery terminal.
- Loosen the lug nuts.
- Position the front of the Jeep Wagoneer at a height high enough for you to climb under the vehicle and install the new components.
- Always fit protective stands under each side of the Jeep Wagoneer for support.
- Raise the floor jack under the axle to support the weight of the Jeep Wagoneer as the suspension components are removed.
- Remove the wheels of the Jeep Wagoneer.
- Remove the following components: Running shocks, U-bolts, and springs from your Jeep Wagoneer.
- Take the new U-bolts and fit them to your Jeep Wagoneer where the old ones used to be.
- Assemble the shocks using the kit’s instructions.
- Ensure that all nuts, bolts, and new components on your Jeep Wagoneer are securely fastened (use a torque wrench).
- Remove the safety struts and carefully lower your Jeep Wagoneer while holding it level.
- Re-clamp the battery’s negative terminal.
- Repeat the steps above for the rear suspension for the Jeep Wagoneer.
Suspension Lift Kits for Jeep Wagoneer FAQ:
You can see our answers to some of the most frequently asked questions about Suspension Lift Kits for Jeep Wagoneer.
Q. How big is the tire I can install with the Suspension Lift Kits for the Jeep Wagoneer?
A. It depends on the alignment kit you choose. Some offer plenty of tire space in your Jeep Wagoneer, but it will vary depending on the elevation of the leveling kit.
Q. Can I install Suspension Lift Kits for my Jeep Wagoneer myself?
A. Most Suspension Lift Kits can easily be installed by yourself in your garage. Suspension Lift Kits for the Jeep Wagoneer include all the necessary parts and you don’t need any special equipment for installation.
Q. What are the Suspension Lift Kits for Jeep Wagoneer used for?
A. Suspension Lift Kits are needed to make your Jeep Wagoneer look more level. Suspension Lift Kits can add lift, balance your Jeep Wagoneer and offer other great benefits.