Best Leveling Kits for Nissan Pathfinder
The leveling kit ensures that the front end of the Nissan Pathfinder is leveled so that it has been combined with the rear suspension, creating a truck of sorts. The Nissan Pathfinder comes from the factory with a small rake that heads down from the rear of the vehicle to the front. The even suspension compensates for this rake, making the front end of the Nissan Pathfinder look even.
Leveling Kits for Nissan Pathfinder 1987, 1988, 1989, 1990, 1991, 1992, 1993, 1994, 1995, 1996, 1997, 1998, 1999
- COMPATIBLE WITH 1987 – 1999 Nissan Pathfinder (2WD 4WD)
- CONTENTS: (2x) High-Strength Steel Add-A-Leafs, (4x) Vibration Isolator Pads, Installation Hardware, Installation Instructions and Supreme Suspensions Pro Pack.
- TECHNICAL NOTES: 1.5-2 inch rear suspension lift, depending on the condition of your leaf packs. | Leaf Specifications: 2.5″ Wide, 21.25″ Top Length, 21.5″ Curved Length
- INSTALLATION: After an easy 1-2 hour installation process*, you’re ready to feature your new and improved ride! *A Leaf Spring Unloading/Compressing Tool is required to ensure a safe disassembly of your leaf pack. *An alignment is always recommended if you are altering the height of your vehicle. | **Also, longer U-Bolts may be required in order to restore the necessary clamping force on your spring assembly.
- BENEFITS: Supreme Suspensions Add-A-Leafs are constructed from heat-treated, tempered steel and can be added to your existing leaf spring packs to increase the load and towing capacity, minimize squat and allow for larger custom rims and tires.
Leveling Kits for Nissan Pathfinder 1996, 1997, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004
- COMPATIBLE WITH 1996 – 2004 Nissan Pathfinder (2WD 4WD). Does NOT Fit Models With Air Suspension.
- CONTENTS: (2x) Aircraft Billet Aluminum Front Strut Spacers, (2x) Aircraft Billet Aluminum Rear Spring Spacers, Installation Hardware, Installation Instructions and Pro Pack.
- TECHNICAL NOTES: 2.5-inch front and 2.5-inch rear suspension lift. Please note that spacer thickness to lift height is NOT a 1:1 ratio. It is recommended that you measure your vehicle ride height before and after to see the full lift amount has been achieved.
- INSTALLATION: Easy ‘bolt-on’ installation takes 2 – 4 hours.
- BENEFITS: Improves the look of your truck and increases ground clearance, allowing you to fit larger custom rims and tires.
Leveling Kits for Nissan Pathfinder Buying Guide
Benefits of Leveling Kits for Nissan Pathfinder
The difference in height between the rear and front of your Nissan Pathfinder can be as little as one inch and if your Nissan Pathfinder is not aligned, there is often a visual mismatch. Leveling Kits for Nissan Pathfinder can correct this in no time. Leveling Kits for Nissan Pathfinder are easy to install and they can align your Nissan Pathfinder on both ends in just a few hours.
The benefits of Leveling Kits for Nissan Pathfinder can be quite significant
- You can use larger wheels for your Nissan Pathfinder with enough clearance to prevent friction.
- Leveling Kits for Nissan Pathfinder can add extra support for the front equipment, preventing possible sagging.
- You’ll prevent a common sagging problem in the lower Nissan Pathfinder.
- An equalizer for the Nissan Pathfinder can reduce braking pressure, especially when you need to brake quickly.
- Your Nissan Pathfinder will become more balanced, reducing excessive wear.
The Most Common Types of Leveling Kits
All leveling kits can have the same effect on your Nissan Pathfinder – raising the front of the Nissan Pathfinder and leveling its height. None of the leveling kits are one-size-fits-all, each kit is designed for a different truck and SUV model. Each Leveling Kits for Nissan Pathfinder will have a different method of installation. So before you choose any alignment kit, it’s important to know the common types so you know you’re making the right decision.
How to Install Lift Kit on a Nissan Pathfinder?
Before commencing installation of the Body Lift Kits for Nissan Pathfinder, be sure to read the manufacturer’s instructions included with the outboard lift kit. Our instructions are an approximate guide and not a substitute for the manufacturer’s recommendations.
After installation, we recommend taking your Nissan Pathfinder to have it checked by a suspension specialist, who can ensure that all parts are in place and suitable for your Nissan Pathfinder.
Note that there are two types of lift kits – suspension lift kits and body lift kits for the Nissan Pathfinder. The installation of each is markedly different, so be sure to read the correct instructions below.
Minimum tools needed to install Body Lift Kits for Nissan Pathfinder
- Pry bars are needed to remove any parts.
- PB Blaster is a penetrating oil that is better suited to elastic mounts.
- A standard socket and ¼”-1″ wrench set are needed to unscrew parts.
- Vehicle jacks and stands rated for your Nissan Pathfinder are needed to reach all Nissan Pathfinder suspension parts.
- A torque wrench is needed to fit the reinforcements to the correct torque.
- A lug wrench is needed to save time when removing lugs from the strut.
- Screwdriver for unscrewing parts and reassembling parts.
- Hammer to break out old parts.
Our recommendations do not replace the manufacturer’s installation manual for Body Lift Kits for Nissan Pathfinder and are advisory in nature.
Be sure to read the manufacturer’s instructions for installing the lift kit before removing the Nissan Pathfinder from the ground.
Installing Lift Kits for Nissan Pathfinder
- Disconnect the negative battery terminal.
- Loosen the lug nuts.
- Position the front of the Nissan Pathfinder at a height high enough for you to climb under the vehicle and install the new components.
- Always fit protective stands under each side of the Nissan Pathfinder for support.
- Raise the floor jack under the axle to support the weight of the Nissan Pathfinder as the suspension components are removed.
- Remove the wheels of the Nissan Pathfinder.
- Remove the following components: Running shocks, U-bolts, and springs from your Nissan Pathfinder.
- Take the new U-bolts and fit them to your Nissan Pathfinder where the old ones used to be.
- Assemble the shocks using the kit’s instructions.
- Ensure that all nuts, bolts, and new components on your Nissan Pathfinder are securely fastened (use a torque wrench).
- Remove the safety struts and carefully lower your Nissan Pathfinder while holding it level.
- Re-clamp the battery’s negative terminal.
- Repeat the steps above for the rear suspension for the Nissan Pathfinder.
Leveling Kits for Nissan Pathfinder FAQ:
You can see our answers to some of the most frequently asked questions about Leveling Kits for Nissan Pathfinder.
Q. How big is the tire I can install with the Leveling Kits for the Nissan Pathfinder?
A. It depends on the alignment kit you choose. Some offer plenty of tire space in your Nissan Pathfinder, but it will vary depending on the elevation of the leveling kit.
Q. Can I install Leveling Kits for my Nissan Pathfinder myself?
A. Most Leveling Kits can easily be installed by yourself in your garage. Leveling Kits for the Nissan Pathfinder include all the necessary parts and you don’t need any special equipment for installation.
Q. What are the Leveling Kits for Nissan Pathfinder used for?
A. Leveling Kits are needed to make your Nissan Pathfinder look more level. Leveling Kits can add lift, balance your Nissan Pathfinder and offer other great benefits.