Best Lift Kit for Pontiac Bonneville
Suspension Lift Kit for the Pontiac Bonneville. The Suspension Lift Kit increases the ground clearance of Pontiac Bonneville by replacing front and rear suspension components and shock absorbers. The Suspension Lift Kit for the Pontiac Bonneville increases the height between the frame and the ground. This allows for more ground clearance. Articulation is improved with a good Suspension Lift Kit for the Pontiac Bonneville. Even if you don’t need to crawl on four wheels or rocks, the look of Pontiac Bonneville will be much nicer.
Suspension Lift Kits for Pontiac Bonneville
- Choppy idle, increased compression advised. Needs 2500+ stall and lower gear, use headers.
- 2,000-6,000 RPM Operating Range
- 230/230 Duration at .050″. 110 Degree Lobe Separation Angle. 0.480″/0.480″ Valve Lift
- CL Kits include a camshaft, a set of lifters, instructions and assembly lubricant.
- Great high RPM power – Best with aftermarket torque converters and at least 9.5:1 compression.
- Easy on valvetrain parts – Can be used with mild ratio rocker arms and traditional performance valve springs.
- Fits Pontiac 265-455 V8
- Made in the USA
Suspension Lift Kits for Pontiac Bonneville Buying Guide
Benefits of Suspension Lift Kits for Pontiac Bonneville
The difference in height between the rear and front of your Pontiac Bonneville can be as little as one inch and if your Pontiac Bonneville is not aligned, there is often a visual mismatch. Suspension Lift Kits for Pontiac Bonneville can correct this in no time. Suspension Lift Kits for Pontiac Bonneville are easy to install and they can align your Pontiac Bonneville on both ends in just a few hours.
The benefits of Suspension Lift Kits for Pontiac Bonneville can be quite significant
- You can use larger wheels for your Pontiac Bonneville with enough clearance to prevent friction.
- Suspension Lift Kits for Pontiac Bonneville can add extra support for the front equipment, preventing possible sagging.
- You’ll prevent a common sagging problem in the lower Pontiac Bonneville.
- An equalizer for the Pontiac Bonneville can reduce braking pressure, especially when you need to brake quickly.
- Your Pontiac Bonneville will become more balanced, reducing excessive wear.
The Most Common Types of Suspension Lift Kits
All Suspension kits can have the same effect on your Pontiac Bonneville – raising the front of the Pontiac Bonneville and Suspension its height. None of the Suspension Lift kits are one-size-fits-all, each kit is designed for a different truck and SUV model. Each Suspension Lift Kits for Pontiac Bonneville will have a different method of installation. So before you choose any alignment kit, it’s important to know the common types so you know you’re making the right decision.
How to Install Lift Kit on a Pontiac Bonneville?
Before commencing installation of the Body Lift Kits for Pontiac Bonneville, be sure to read the manufacturer’s instructions included with the outboard lift kit. Our instructions are an approximate guide and not a substitute for the manufacturer’s recommendations.
After installation, we recommend taking your Pontiac Bonneville to have it checked by a suspension specialist, who can ensure that all parts are in place and suitable for your Pontiac Bonneville.
Note that there are two types of lift kits – suspension lift kits and body lift kits for the Pontiac Bonneville. The installation of each is markedly different, so be sure to read the correct instructions below.
Minimum tools needed to install Body Lift Kits for Pontiac Bonneville
- Pry bars are needed to remove any parts.
- PB Blaster is a penetrating oil that is better suited to elastic mounts.
- A standard socket and ¼”-1″ wrench set are needed to unscrew parts.
- Vehicle jacks and stands rated for your Pontiac Bonneville are needed to reach all Pontiac Bonneville suspension parts.
- A torque wrench is needed to fit the reinforcements to the correct torque.
- A lug wrench is needed to save time when removing lugs from the strut.
- Screwdriver for unscrewing parts and reassembling parts.
- Hammer to break out old parts.
Our recommendations do not replace the manufacturer’s installation manual for Body Lift Kits for Pontiac Bonneville and are advisory in nature.
Be sure to read the manufacturer’s instructions for installing the lift kit before removing the Pontiac Bonneville from the ground.
Installing Lift Kits for Pontiac Bonneville
- Disconnect the negative battery terminal.
- Loosen the lug nuts.
- Position the front of the Pontiac Bonneville at a height high enough for you to climb under the vehicle and install the new components.
- Always fit protective stands under each side of the Pontiac Bonneville for support.
- Raise the floor jack under the axle to support the weight of the Pontiac Bonneville as the suspension components are removed.
- Remove the wheels of the Pontiac Bonneville.
- Remove the following components: Running shocks, U-bolts, and springs from your Pontiac Bonneville.
- Take the new U-bolts and fit them to your Pontiac Bonneville where the old ones used to be.
- Assemble the shocks using the kit’s instructions.
- Ensure that all nuts, bolts, and new components on your Pontiac Bonneville are securely fastened (use a torque wrench).
- Remove the safety struts and carefully lower your Pontiac Bonneville while holding it level.
- Re-clamp the battery’s negative terminal.
- Repeat the steps above for the rear suspension for the Pontiac Bonneville.
Suspension Lift Kits for Pontiac Bonneville FAQ:
You can see our answers to some of the most frequently asked questions about Suspension Lift Kits for Pontiac Bonneville.
Q. How big is the tire I can install with the Suspension Lift Kits for the Pontiac Bonneville?
A. It depends on the alignment kit you choose. Some offer plenty of tire space in your Pontiac Bonneville, but it will vary depending on the elevation of the leveling kit.
Q. Can I install Suspension Lift Kits for my Pontiac Bonneville myself?
A. Most Suspension Lift Kits can easily be installed by yourself in your garage. Suspension Lift Kits for the Pontiac Bonneville include all the necessary parts and you don’t need any special equipment for installation.
Q. What are the Suspension Lift Kits for Pontiac Bonneville used for?
A. Suspension Lift Kits are needed to make your Pontiac Bonneville look more level. Suspension Lift Kits can add lift, balance your Pontiac Bonneville and offer other great benefits.