Best Leveling Kits for Toyota FJ Cruiser
The leveling kit allows you to level the front of the Toyota FJ Cruiser so that it is aligned with the rear suspension of the vehicle, resulting in a special look for your truck. The Toyota FJ Cruiser comes from the factory with a small rake tilted down from the rear of the vehicle to the front. The even suspension helps compensate for this rake, which makes the front end of the Toyota FJ Cruiser look flatter.
Leveling Kits for Toyota FJ Cruiser 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014
- Designed to improve ground clearance
- Enhance the performance of the vehicle
- Allow use of large tires
- Made from high-density polyurethane
- Facilitate easy installation
Leveling Kits for Toyota FJ Cruiser 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015
- LIFT: 2-inch front lift overstock. Please note that the lift size will not equal the spacer size/thickness (which will be smaller), but once the installation is complete, the spacers will lift the full amount as advertised.
- FITMENT: 2007 – 2015 Toyota FJ Cruiser 4WD Models
- MATERIAL: Premium 6061T6 Aircraft Aluminum Spacers with ideal strength and weight
- INSTALLATION: Bolt-on kit, only takes a few hours to install. Once lifted, we do recommend getting an alignment to ensure your ride quality.
- CONTENTS: Aluminum Strut Spacers (2), Differential Drop Kit (1), Hardware and Detailed Instructions – Liftcraft suspension lift and leveling kits come with a lifetime guarantee and are the easiest, safest, and most affordable way to improve the look of your truck and run bigger tires
Leveling Kits for Toyota FJ Cruiser Buying Guide
Benefits of Leveling Kits for Toyota FJ Cruiser
The difference in height between the rear and front of your Toyota FJ Cruiser can be as little as one inch and if your Toyota FJ Cruiser is not aligned, there is often a visual mismatch. Leveling Kits for Toyota FJ Cruiser can correct this in no time. Leveling Kits for Toyota FJ Cruiser is easy to install and they can align your Toyota 4Runner on both ends in just a few hours.
The benefits of Leveling Kits for Toyota FJ Cruiser can be quite significant
- You can use larger wheels for your Toyota FJ Cruiser with enough clearance to prevent friction.
- Leveling Kits for Toyota FJ Cruiser can add extra support for the front equipment, preventing possible sagging.
- You’ll prevent a common sagging problem in the lower Toyota FJ Cruiser.
- An equalizer for the Toyota FJ Cruiser can reduce braking pressure, especially when you need to brake quickly.
- Your Toyota 4Runner will become more balanced, reducing excessive wear.
The Most Common Types of Leveling Kits
All leveling kits can have the same effect on your Toyota FJ Cruiser – raising the front of the Toyota FJ Cruiser and leveling its height. None of the leveling kits are one-size-fits-all, each kit is designed for a different truck and SUV model. Each Leveling Kits for Toyota FJ Cruiser will have a different method of installation. So before you choose any alignment kit, it’s important to know the common types so you know you’re making the right decision.
How to Install Lift Kit on a Toyota FJ Cruiser?
Before commencing installation of the Body Lift Kits for the Toyota FJ Cruiser, be sure to read the manufacturer’s instructions included with the outboard lift kit. Our instructions are an approximate guide and not a substitute for the manufacturer’s recommendations.
After installation, we recommend taking your Toyota FJ Cruiser to have it checked by a suspension specialist, who can ensure that all parts are in place and suitable for your Toyota FJ Cruiser.
Note that there are two types of lift kits – suspension lift kits and body lift kits for the Toyota FJ Cruiser. The installation of each is markedly different, so be sure to read the correct instructions below.
Minimum tools needed to install Body Lift Kits for Toyota FJ Cruiser
- Pry bars are needed to remove any parts.
- PB Blaster is a penetrating oil that is better suited to elastic mounts.
- A standard socket and ¼”-1″ wrench set are needed to unscrew parts.
- Vehicle jacks and stands rated for your Toyota FJ Cruiser are needed to reach all Toyota FJ Cruiser suspension parts.
- A torque wrench is needed to fit the reinforcements to the correct torque.
- A lug wrench is needed to save time when removing lugs from the strut.
- Screwdriver for unscrewing parts and reassembling parts.
- Hammer to break out old parts.
Our recommendations do not replace the manufacturer’s installation manual for Body Lift Kits for Toyota FJ Cruiser and are advisory in nature.
Be sure to read the manufacturer’s instructions for installing the lift kit before removing the Toyota FJ Cruiser from the ground.
Installing Lift Kits for Toyota FJ Cruiser
- Disconnect the negative battery terminal.
- Loosen the lug nuts.
- Position the front of the Toyota FJ Cruiser at a height high enough for you to climb under the vehicle and install the new components.
- Always fit protective stands under each side of the Toyota FJ Cruiser for support.
- Raise the floor jack under the axle to support the weight of the Toyota FJ Cruiser as the suspension components are removed.
- Remove the wheels of the Toyota FJ Cruiser.
- Remove the following components: Running shocks, U-bolts, and springs from your Toyota FJ Cruiser.
- Take the new U-bolts and fit them into your Toyota FJ Cruiser where the old ones used to be.
- Assemble the shocks using the kit’s instructions.
- Ensure that all nuts, bolts, and new components on your Toyota FJ Cruiser are securely fastened (use a torque wrench).
- Remove the safety struts and carefully lower your Toyota FJ Cruiser while holding it level.
- Re-clamp the battery’s negative terminal.
- Repeat the steps above for the rear suspension for the Toyota FJ Cruiser.
Leveling Kits for Toyota FJ Cruiser FAQ:
You can see our answers to some of the most frequently asked questions about Leveling Kits for Toyota FJ Cruiser.
Q. How big is the tire I can install with the Leveling Kits for the Toyota FJ Cruiser?
A. It depends on the alignment kit you choose. Some offer plenty of tire space in your Toyota FJ Cruiser, but it will vary depending on the elevation of the leveling kit.
Q. Can I install Leveling Kits for my Toyota FJ Cruiser myself?
A. Most Leveling Kits can easily be installed by yourself in your garage. Leveling Kits for the Toyota FJ Cruiser include all the necessary parts and you don’t need any special equipment for installation.
Q. What are the Leveling Kits for Toyota FJ Cruiser used for?
A. Leveling Kits are needed to make your Toyota FJ Cruiser look more level. Leveling Kits can add lift, balance your Toyota FJ Cruiser and offer other great benefits.